Friday, October 3, 2014

On My Way To A New Me!~

Hi everyone !  WOW...has it been a LONG time since I've blogged about health, fitness, running or weight loss.  Speaking of weight loss...I had my baby girl, Naomi, around 5 weeks ago. Annnddd...I'm on a mission of losing that "Naomi weight" as of this past week.  I tried and ran/worked out a few weeks ago but my body just wasn't ready...well actually my pelvis wasn't but we won't get into that much detail:)  Anyways....my "Naomi weight" gained was around 50 pounds...ugh!  Just to see that amount makes me cringe considering I spend much of 2013 losing around 40 pounds through changes in my diet, working out (lifting) and of course doing a considerable amount of running that turned into a half marathon in October of 2013.


I am updating this blog...to A. Hold myself accountable in working out/running/losing baby weight and B. It will be a good thing to keep me focused and in tune with the goals I want to achieve.  So if ya'll are not interested in getting fit and losing baby weight you can X out now :)  This is seriously for me to focus everything I 've got into the reality of myself getting healthy. 

Well this past Wednesday was my first day of really I'd call it working out...and let me tell ya it was HARD!  How do I go from a 1/2 marathon in 2013 to now when I'm struggling to do one pushup.  I will get there tho...with a good attitude and just propelling myself forward each day.  I started Jillian Michael's Body Revolution Phase 1 and I'm loving it!  It consists of five workouts over three months time, then it goes into further phases later on.  It is a lot of HIIT/weights/cardio...which is a wonderful way to burn calories while building muscle.
Naomi naps while I try and workout with Jillian...but today was a little tough (mentally) on me since she decided to be awake during my workout. I literally had to push pause probably around 10 times since she loves her binky so much :)  I can see why people make every excuse under the sun NOT to workout...and today would have been one of them if I wasn't wanting to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans so badly!


 
Well, I'll update y'all here and there while on this probably LONG journey of mine... with some pics, recipes that I love (healthy of course), and overall weight loss progress.  P.S if you are motivated so badly to get healthy take a picture of yourself in front of a full length mirror in a bikini/swimsuit and if you don't like what you see....like I did : (   change it!  Start moving your body...slowly, making small changes each week...lets push ourselves to getting into that pair of jeans that we love!~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment