Tuesday, March 4, 2014

14 Weeks

Well, I have made it to the second trimester into my pregnancy.  I have an official due date of September 2nd now, since I measured way ahead at my 10 week ultrasound...(hoping it isn't another Jake or Beau..weighing in at almost 10 pounds:)  I had such a terrible time finding an OB doc the first few weeks into my pregnancy....I really wanted to deliver locally since it would just be easier on our family.  I went to Blue Earth...not one of their five docs would take me on as a patient.  They were all pretty freaked out!!  I guess I was classified as high-risk due to my age (who would have thought 35 was OLD?  haha)  Multiple pregnancies, and because I develop pre-eclampsia towards the end of my pregnancies.  So, I was referred up to Minneapolis to a Perinatologist.  Instantly, I thought to myself....."In no shape or form is this traveling over two hours for prenatal checkups going to work for our family?"  So, I prayed....asked God to show me a doctor that would be more locally that would take me on as a patient.  I was led to a doc in Fairmont, which is only 30 min from our house...way better than the cities.  He is a Nigerian doctor who is kind, compassionate, funny and really knew his stuff.  I am seeing him every 2 weeks so he can keep tabs on how the little peanut is growing.  I have been through 2 ultrasounds, and about 13 vials of blood in the past two weeks...checking routine labs, and getting a head start on some of the kidney function tests so we can get a baseline before possibly the pre-eclampsia setting in. I think baby Waddell and I are in great hands, thank the Lord.

I have fought through some pretty severe "night" sickness as what I would call it.  For an entire 7 weeks I SERIOUSLY did nothing but eat...and lay on the couch.  I was literally miserable.  Not being able to run, workout...or even walk with all the ice/wind/and snowstorms we've had in the past two months.  That being said, just being inactive for almost two months has left me sort of depressed (could I blame it on this weather?)  lethargic (yes, I know I should be tired...but NOT this bad)...craving junk food...all the healthy stuff I used to eat would seriously make me gag.....muscle-less (I feel as if I've lost a lot of strength that I had built up all last year training for my 1/2...as well as day to day strength training.  That 7 wks of inactivity has left me with a head start of 15 pound weight-gain just in my first trimester.  Normal is about 3-5...(what's normal anyways?)    To work so hard most of all last year....if ya read any of my blog ya know I was passionate about fitness/running/and eating healthy. So to be in an area of where I first began my weight loss journey last year at this time has been a struggle for me. So, JUST the past few days I've felt 'good' enough to finally fit in some low-key Jillian Michaels. I was struggling through my first workout yesterday....so terribly!   Just in a few days I feel fantastic...self-esteem wise. Energy has increased significantly.  Even tho, there are some days I feel as if I'm forcing myself to put one step in front of the other...... after a workout , I seriously FEEL in control of my emotions and my body.....(if that is possible, with all the pregnancy hormones...circulating) Warm weather is coming ( I hope) which I will be able to get outside and move more.  All is good...positive thinking eh?

Finding out about my pregnancy the day after Christmas was joy...but a scary feeling.  Scary I am referring to what we went through with Neela, our youngest.....that has left a dark fear over my entire thinking throughout this entire pregnancy so far.  I was offered a few of the routine labs that detect birth defects last week....which I declined.  Some of the labs are such a high false-positive that it wouldn't even be worth my nerves.  And......what would I change? what would be different?  Bart and I are gonna love this baby NO matter what genetic abnormalities it may or may not have.   We are trusting God, whatever HIS will....so be it.  The kids are getting pretty excited....especially Tate as he was patting my belly last night as I was watching TV next to him.:)  I'm hoping Neela can tolerate somebody being younger than her.....since she has stolen all our hearts and has been completely spoiled for the past four years.  Otherwise, kids have been going through the school grind, patiently waiting for a change in the weather.  Bart has been working non-stop for the past few months working seven days a week.  I miss him dearly, and that may play a part in my winter-blues mood, but I am grateful for everything God has blessed us with.  Well, hoping to keep you all updated throughout my pregnancy.......have a blessed week!  

Thanks so much for your love and support dear friends and family!    -Monica


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! FYI... I gained well over 80 pounds with Brody and took it off easily with consistent workouts! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete